Conspiracy of the Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conspiracy of the Shinobi

A naruto-based RPG site.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jan Hakura

Jan Hakura

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-01

An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Empty
PostSubject: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:39 am

Having provided the land of Fuyuki, the Tohsaka mansion still remained in Fuyuki. However, with the advent of the Holy Grail war, Suzume was the only one there. Her parents had died long ago from her grandparent’s illness. An Assassin-classed servant had poisoned their ancestor of the 2nd war, and the traces remained in the family—Suzume herself had been sick of it once—however, she had pulled out of it. In any case, Mei felt out of place in the grandeur of the mansion. The Tohsaka had been the richest of the three houses at the forming of the grail, and the sense of grandeur remained—indeed, Suzume was quite rich as well. Her mother had bought stock options at rock-bottom prices all over the world during the Great Depression—it had paid off when World War II started, and many had regained their stock—the rock-bottom prices had allowed her mother to buy sizable amounts of it. Mei looked at the tea and tried not to gape. milk? In tea? She sipped politely anyway. Archer was drinking from a large bottle of Vodka (Suzume looked annoyed). Assassin stood by Mei, pacing slowly. “…what would be your goal if you reached the grail?” Mei did not know. “In any case, you don’t seem to have very good control of Assassin, and Archer right now, as you can see, is badly wounded. Perhaps if we work together we can make up for our flaws—both Archer and Assassin have high Independent Action levels, and Archer can make up for Assassin’s weaknesses in open combat.” Assassin raised her hand. “Can we discuss this outside?” Suzume nodded. “of course.”

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea,” Mei said. She had no use for the Holy Grail—but Assassin had her doubts. “we’ll eventually be enemies at the end—then what are we going to do? It’s a trick—Archer is sure to beat us if it came to single combat.” “But then we will be able t osee his noble phantasms, and I’m nto really interested in this war anyway.” Assassin shook her head. “Archer would be able to do the same.” “well, I’m going with this. Are you going to try to stop me?” “I hate stubborn masters, but fine.” The two reentered. Suzume looked up. “Well?” “Yes, we accept.” Suzume smiled. “Alright…excellent.”

The Einzburn mansion was in chaos. Butlers, maids and guards ran to and fro—they were under attack. Saber looked out the hallway window—the barrier was still there. Nobody knew who was attacking or why, but German soldiers and Magus Bodyguards set up positions at the windows. In the darkness, nobody could really see outside, but it helped the people inside to keep safe. Saber exited the doors, turning to the two soldiers who were guarding. “Any luck?” “No, not as of yet” and then the sound of wind whistling. The man gurgled in surprise and fell to the ground. The other soldier panicked and fired wildly into the forest. Moments later, he, too was silenced by another thrown knife. Saber growled. I can still trace their reaitsu… he set off after the killer.

Sathya was perched on a tree, looking down the head of a crossbow. She carefully lined up the crosshairs of the patrolling German soldier. Even from here he looked nervous. She smiled humorlessly—he wouldn’t have to worry about it now. She depressed the trigger. The quarrel shot through the open window. The soldier felt the small pain, and plucked out the tiny needle—but it was too late. He slumped down silently. Sathya leapt from the tree, right next to the window. Leaving her crossbow in the tree, she took out a mirror. Watching the reflections down the hall, nobody had noticed. She jumped in. She did not know why she was ordered to infiltrate this area, but it was not her concern—she did merely what she was paid to do. Magus truly underestimated technology—they considered magic above any such trivial things—but that was their fatal mistake. They trained to locate magecraft, believing that only another Magus could be a real threat—but a chanted fire spell would be much slower than a simple rifle. She slid into an alcove as two soldiers walked past. They had hardly passed when both were hit with poison needles, crumpling onto the floor. She went on.

Chinese Embassy

Mei watched as the secretary took up the receiver. Probably another call from the Japanese government—but the secretary responded with a german “ja.” The secretary listened for a few moments and then responded. “Was ist Ihre Situation?” finally, she turned to Mei. “Einzburn Castle consulate has called for help—they’re apparently under attack. It’ll take 20 minutes for the nearest Japanese army garrison to get here.” Mei remembered what Suzume had said. “there is a master in the Einzburn castle…” “Alright, we’ll respond. Get the garrison here.” Moments later, two battered, outdated trucks roared out the gates.

Saber followed the trail ardently—and the other servant did not appear to be trying to hide. He or she had stopped in the clearing ahead. Saber darted out of the forest, sword at the ready—and a single man was there. Tattooed from head to toe, all he wore was a long red loincloth. “Hello, servant Saber,” he said. Saber did not intend to reply. He suddenly flash-stepped in front of Avenger, swinging his sword—and the other servant shattered the sword with his dagger. Saber leapt back as the metal fragments scattered on the ground. “Who are you?” He certainly did not fit into any class—his Reiatsu was easy to follow, ruling out his possibility as Assassin, the most likely choice. He could not be Saber, Rider, Archer or Berserker, since Saber had already seen all four of these. He had no lance, and seemed unable to cast spells. The servant looked bored. “yes, I’m not one of the regular seven—my name is Avenger.” avenger?

The small convoy roared through the gates of the Von Einzburn castle as soldiers disembarked and strode toward the gates. Two german soldiers were sprawled out at the gate. As the regular soldiers entered, Mei met up with Suzume, who had also heard. “Alright, this probably was the work of a servant, and this is a good chance to remove either the target or the perpetrator.” Archer, Assassin, Suzume and Mei hurried through the rooms. In the chaos, nobody noticed. Then they reached a hallway where a soldier was on the floor. Gingerly stepping over them, Archer groaned, disappointed. “No servants here.” However, in the next room was the body of a woman. Mei turned it around and looked at the ID. “Eliza von Einzburn…” Suzume looked at Eliza’s hand. “That’s odd…spies confirmed she was a master, and yet her command seals are not there.” “Perhaps they were used up,” Assassin mused. Suzume did not feel convinced. “Perhaps.”

Saber continued to rain blows to Avenger’s daggers. Avenger was now being pushed back—and suddenly Saber lost his breath. what the hell? I didn’t even lose my breath and tired like this when I fought berserker—why would it not work against such a weak servant as avenger? for a few moments, he fought to catch his breath and defend against Avenger’s stabs—and suddenly it returned. However, Avenger had leapt away. “I’ve done my job…good day.” And then he disappeared. what was that about? he returned towards the castle…

Archer watched the scene from the roof. He did not want to tangle himself into these affairs if there were no battles to fight. He watched the full moon. so peaceful—and yet the world is racked by war. He had read the newspaper: Battles in Europe China and the Pacific were the headlines. Even England was fighting for its life. The Magus association did not want to involve themselves, but had been dragged into this wild bar brawl. [I]is it laughing at us in our crazy desire to kill, or a symbol of hope for us all—to obtain that serenity. “Nice night, isn’t it?” Archer turned in shock to new voice—another man was also watching the sky. He was dressed in a simple cloak, and was drinking a bottle of wine, which he proffered. “Want?” “Of course.” The two watched the moon for a few moments.
“You’re a servant aren’t you?”
“Yes…as are you.”
“I’m servant archer…and you are?”
“Dr. Johann Faust., or, as the magus call it, Caster.“
“We are supposed to be ripping the innards out of each other.”
“Yes, but it is such a tranquil night—it would be a shame to fight now…”
“I agree…but you don’t seem very concerned about the war.”
“Yes…I am tired of life itself. I’ve acquired my moment of perfect happiness…this is the hell Mephistopheles told me—a never-ending life of toil…no peace, like Sisyphis, the king doomed to eternally roll a boulder up a hill and watch as it rolls right back down to where he started.”
“Yep, it’s a hard life…”
Back to top Go down
Jan Hakura

Jan Hakura

PostSubject: Re: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:39 am

At length, the military began leaving with the body, and Caster stood up. “It was nice meeting you…but we’ll be fighting you tomorrow.” Archer nodded. “Refer to me as Jan…I’m a very obscure servant anyway.”

Author’s note: from this point on, Caster will be referred to as “faust” in some cases, and Archer will be referred to as “Jan” in some cases.

Mei was subdued as they ate dinner. Archer looked up. “What’s the problem?” “Well…we’ll end up fighting each other eventually, won’t we?” Suzume nodded. “That’s the cruel truth of the Holy Grail war…that is the life of Magus—a constant life of backstabbing.” “It’s evil…turning on your allies…how do magus live with it?” Archer turned to Mei. “The world is corrupted—there are thousands of sins, like ulcers, on this planet—and yet this makes the good things in life all the more sweeter. If you have a decayed tooth and a toothache, you will value your other teeth all the more—and that is how life is. You find all the small things in life, and enjoy it when you can.” Mei was not reassured. She walked out to her bedroom (Suzume had arranged for her to live in the Tohsaka Mansion, as it would be safer than living outside.) There assassin was waiting. “Suzume’s trusting you enough to let you in the house now—now is the best time to kill her…” Mei shook her head. “Absolutely not.” “-but” “No.”

Sathya gazed at the body in self-loathing. how have I come down to this? Just because the soldier had seen her client over the body, she had been ordered to kill the whole family. what have I done?! Sathya belonged to an elite group of hired Magus Assassins. Found in the streets of Turkey, the only survivor of an Armenian family, she had been raised to empty all feeling—to become a hero of Justice who kills the minority to save the majority—to remove any evil. And yet, as time had passed, the group had become similar to mercenaries, merely working for the highest bidder—this very job was against her work ethic—kill all evil and any innocent that may bring evil, but nothing more. this whole job was evil in itself. Behind her, Avenger was sitting on a bloodstained chair. “What are you thinking about, Sathya?” Sathya snarled inside. Of all the servants, Avenger had the nerve to call her something except master, and he frequently was insubordinate---the faithful ones of the Hashashin (an Arabian group that I spelled wrong—the word gave rise to the word “assassin”) would have killed anyone who was so insubordinate. But she kept her anger in check. “Alright, Avenger…we’re going to cancel this contract with Jubstacheit. This is against my work ethic.” Avenger sighed. “Such honor for an assassin…but fine.”

Jubstacheit’s first action upon gaining the command spells for Saber was to prevent him from being able to betray what had happened. He would not let a girl such as Eliza lose them their second chance—he had been the master of Lancer. Indeed, the Von Einzburn had gotten two bites of the apple when they acquired the last shard of the spear Gungnir. He would not lose his last chance at victory. He turned to see Sathya enter, stately as always. “Do you need something?” “…I want to withdraw from the contract—you may keep your money.” “Why…?” “…I do not want to discuss that.” “Alright…fine, let’s make a deal. I’ll pay you in full if you and I do one more job…” “…what kind of job?”

Author’s note: I really wanted to say “a blowjob”. Pity this is not an erotic story.

Assassin was the first to notice the breach in the barriers. She ran to the roof, watching from her bow as a woman and a man walked through the doors, followed by two servants. She ran downstairs. Archer and Suzume were already waiting at the Atrium as the doors flew open. Suzume drew one of the rapiers hanging from the walls and pointed it at Jubstacheit. “What do you want, master of Saber?” “…merely a fight.” For want of a better explanation, the battle instantly broke out. Assassin fired a shot at Avenger and drew her javelin, throwing it at Sathya. Jubstacheit grabbed a claymore from the wall. “Let’s do this the old fashioned-way, shall we Tohsaka?” Suzume nodded. “of course.” And they went in. Suzume was smaller, faster and more nimble, but Jubstacheit was simply more experienced, stronger and better-trained. The two fought, Suzume pushing Jubstacheit into a room. In the atrium, Sathya, Avenger and Saber fought with Mei, Archer and Assassin. Mei was surprisingly good with her fists, kicking one of Avenger’s daggers before he could throw them. The two fought each other while the others also met. Assassin’s javelin missed Sathya as she ran along the wall, drawing forth two Arabian swords and gracefully parried another strike.

“Tell me…what would you want once you got the grail?” Suzume parried the question along with a slash from the sword. “That is not of your concern.” “…but it is. You see, I know quite a lot about you.” Suzume smiled. “Pray tell.” “…have you ever had disjointed memories…? And do you recall that in these dreams your hair was black?” Suzume dropped her rapier. “What?” Jubstacheit smiled. “Have your parents told you about the disease that ravages your family?” “What of it?” “Did you not believe that you’re the only one who lived?” “I did! I’m here, surprisingly enough.” “…No. you never survived it.”

Saber suddenly shot five beams from each of his fingers at Archer, who leapt over the attack and came down, swinging his sword. Saber jumped aside. “Just as nimble as ever, Archer.” Archer smiled disarmingly. “same with you. way of destruction #4: bolt of white lightning!” The Kido spell shot past Arashi, who dodged handily—when activated, the kido spell was fast—but the time that the caster needed to say it made it easy to avoid. “Will we keep fighting each other in this war until all eternity, Archer? Forever locked in this dance of death?” “…perhaps, but the conversation might get boring.” “touché.” Suddenly, Saber fired eight black bolts from his hand, which were reflected by Archer’s Jian. “Bankai, Akiha—Heaven Rain! This time, hundreds of blades shot through the roof, landing around Saber as they instantly congregated into the [I[jian[/I], which glowed white as it overloaded. Arashi also raised his own sword, and they once again came together. Saber held his sword one-handedly against Akiha, which was already burning through the sword slowly. However, a giant arm of gray matter shot out of his shoulder, surrounding one of Archer’s arm. Archer gritted his teeth with pain, and suddenly the matter flew apart, splattering the walls and leaving burn marks as Archer shot a Quincy arrow at point blank through Saber’s shoulder…

Mei parried another strike, punching Avenger in the shoulder as he attempted to stab and throwing his aim off. Grabbing a stave, Mei stabbed twice at Avenger, who blocked both with his palm. Behind her, Sathya cut another arrow aside as Assassin fired shot after shot. Suddenly, she reappeared in front of Assassin, slashing at her neck. Assassin leaned back, kicking Sathya in the chin and sending her flying.

“What do you mean I didn’t survive?” “…the reason your parents had no photos of you was not because they thought cameras were a fad—it was because it would show you with black hair. You were the first to die in the family.” Suzume stepped back. it couldn’t be true… “then who am I?” Jubstachei laughed. “One quality shared by homunculus created by the Von Einzburn family is white hair.” Suzume reeled. Homonuclus were beings created with Alchemy by the Einzburn family, the most powerful Alchemic family in the world. but I can’t have been created… Jubstachei continued. “eight years ago, Hasashi Tohsaka and Misaki Tohsaka arrived in Germany with a corpse. They asked us, for a large fee, to recreate their child. You see, they loved their child dearly, and they did not want to lose her. And so you were created, a homunculus that had been modified to look exactly like the original Suzume Tohsaka. You were built to have a large amount of Magic Circuits to prepare for this war. The Tohsaka implanted the memory and the gene for the disease into you—as a homonucleus, you naturally defeated the disease, and apparently until today thought you were the real Suzume…pathetic.” Suzume took a step back. this can’t be true… but one part of her knew it was. “…you should have never let me know…” she grabbed the rapier and charged…and then an impact.
Back to top Go down
Jan Hakura

Jan Hakura

PostSubject: Re: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:40 am

Saber stumbled as he was hit. Taking the opportunity, Archer swung his sword, knocking Saber’s blade away. Instantly, Archer held a Quincy arrow to Saber’s throat. “Give me a good reason why I shouldn’t shoot.” Saber shrugged. “Tell me, Jan…can you still feel your connection with your master?”

Suzume looked at the small crooked dagger that protruded from her arm. “What—” the command spells had disappeared. “You see, the Rule breaker cancels all magical contracts and abilities, cutting off any Magic circuit—in this case, canceling your master’s contract and rendering all magic circuits in your arm useless.” Jubstacheit stepped away and looked in satisfaction. “Delightful. Now…I have no use for you.” He slashed at Suzume’s arm, and then he stabbed forwards. Suzume did not feel the pain, only the impact. A patch of empty coldness was growing from where it struck. She felt the sword leaving her body, felt the blood splatter the floor—and then she felt nothing at all.

Sathya and Avenger turned as Jubstacheit entered the atrium again. “It’s over…we can leave.” Sathya nodded. Mei threw one of Assassin’s abandoned javelins onto Avenger’s shoulder—and then he muttered something. Then the sensation of intense burning and pain. She staggered for a few steps and collapsed. Before she blacked out, she saw Assassin fire a final shot.

When Mei woke up, the first thing she felt were the bandages on her arms. She sat up—they were in one of the guest bedrooms. “You’re awake?” She turned to see Archer bustling to her with a kettle. He carefully poured some tea and spoke in Chinese. “No milk, eh?” “Yes…it’s disgusting. But never mind, how are the others?” Archer pointed to the next bed, where Suzume lay, her stomach badly bandaged and her left arm—well, there was no arm now. Archer sighed and sat down. “I’m out of this war…with my Master’s contract deactivated, I need someone else to form a contract with extra command seals…now you’re the only one who can still win this,” Archer said. “Well, I need to return to making more tea…” He smiled sadly and left the room. Assassin now entered, looking worried. “Are you alright, Mei?” “I’ll survive it.” Assassin sighed as she watched Suzume. “Well, we have one less opponent…but you can’t help but feel sorry for her.” Mei nodded.

Sathya had already finished packing and was in the forest when Jubstacheit caught. “I suppose you want your pay?” Sathya nodded. Money was not her main problem, but you could never have too much.” Jubstacheit reached into his bag. “Here.” And then a tongue of flame came out of the bag, as the hidden revolver struck Sathya in the shoulder. Before she could react, he swung his sword, severing her left hand—the hand with the command seals. “If you have no worth as an ally, you are of no worth at all.” Jubstacheit turned and left as Sathya groaned, trying to stem the blood seeping from her arm. And so Sathya was found unconscious in the woods by Archer.

“Are you kidding?!” Assassin cursed loudly in Greek as Archer suggested housing Sathya. “That woman tried to kill us!” “But without her command spells and arm, any servant would be able to beat her.” Assassin shook her head. “You and my Master are too merciful…but so be it.” She huffed and walked out the room.

It was later that night that Archer sat on the roof, flipping a coin. The familiar voice of caster called out. “Having fun, Jan?” “…somewhat…what brings you here, Faust?” “just on a nighttime stroll.” “Heads or tails?” “Tails.” The coin landed on heads. “Well, I won that one…want to play again?” “…there are much more intense ways to gamble—like in a fight.” Archer laughed. “Alright, a battle it is. And the wages?” “If you defeat me, Jan, I will repair your master’s arm. If you lose, then I absorb your Prana.” Archer contemplated. If I lose, I have no need to exist anyway… “deal.” The two shook. Archer drew his sword. “Where’s your master?” “…my master? He was killed days ago by Saber and that Sethya woman…so it’s fair.” Suddenly, Faust threw up eight balls of flame. Out of each shadow crawled what looked like pitch-black dogs of writhing shadow. Snarling, they leapt for Archer, who leapt aside and shot one with a Quincy arrow. The dog vanished into a cloud of stagnant smoke that was blown away in an instant. The other seven leaped towards Archer. Drawing his sword quickly, two were cut in midleap, flying away and also dissipating. The other five landed on him. However, Archer clapped his hands together, and a cloud of St. Elmo’s fire flew around him, getting rid of the other beasts. “Transmuting the air into hydrogen and then igniting it with Alchemy?” Archer nodded. “You seem to have a good grasp of magic processes,” Archer remarked. “Yes, I have studied most forms of magic.” “What about Physical?” Archer hurled another flaming sword, but the Ryuuseigan flew right by Faust, who gracefully turned, vanished and reappeared nearby. “Bankai, Akiha—Heaven Rain!” instantly, six shafts of light came down in a hexagonal formation around them. Faust thre another flame into the air. The flickering shadow solidified into a pitch-black arm that reached out at Archer. When Archer stabbed Akiha into the arm, it stuck fast, finally engulfing him, as the blackness became a pulsing, squirming heap. Suddenly, a portion of the hand blew apart as a thin beam of light shot out. The light continued, cutting a hole, and the shadow, unable to stand up to light, fell away. Archer crawled out. “Not bad, Hakura…” “Have to say the same, Faust…but you lost.” “how?” Archer raised Akiha. “Akiha, third dance—Alchemic field! Instantly, a thin purple beam shot from each of the six shafts of light, and a line created a circle around the six, forming a perfect transmutation circle. Instantly cooled to the scientific impossibility of Absolute Zero (the temperature at which all matter freezes), the frozen air began to creep up to Caster’s legs…and then shattered. “I’m not letting you get out of that bargain…now fix up my master’s arm.” Caster nodded and hurried down the stairs, where Assassin had been lying in wait, pointing his bow at the two. But Archer held up a hand, and they entered the room where Suzume was. Quickly, Faust took out several vials. “Hydrogen…carbon…oxygen…Salt…” He continued muttering and drew a transmutation circle at Suzume’s stump of an arm and activated it—however, instead of the blue light of Jan’s transmutation or the regular yellow, the circle was covered in shadow, and then retreated to reveal a perfect hand, attached to Suzume’s arm seamlessly. “I never learned human transmutation, but it’s not impossible to transmute body parts perfectly,” Faust said. Archer nodded. Faust stood up. “Well…I’ll take my leave. I’m not a threat to you anyway—technically, if not for my high Prana concentration, I would not even exist.” Archer nodded. “…thank you.” “Think nothing of it…I’m a doctor, this is my job.”
Back to top Go down
Jan Hakura

Jan Hakura

PostSubject: Re: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:40 am

Suzume carefully picked up the chopsticks with her hand—it felt odd on her, like an ill-fitting glove. Archer sat on a nearby dresser. “It works, does it now?” Suzume nodded mutely. Archer sighed. “you’re still worried about the fact that you’re a homunculus?” Suzume looked up sharply. “How would you know that?” “You’ve been mumbling about it while we carried you back.” Suzume’s ears turned red, and then she sighed. “Well, it’s true…It’s terrible to know that everything I’ve known has been fabricated—that I’m a completely different person.” Archer paced around the room. He Abruptly looked up. “Do you know what a homunculus is?” “…not completely.” “A homonuclus is a being created by transmuting the basic elements that make up a human into a body.” “Yes, I knew that.” “A homonuclus, can be modified to have certain abilities.” “Yes, I know,” Suzume replied impatiently. “Well, you know why?” in the profound silence, Archer continued. “Because a Homunculus has no soul. Doing such modifications on a human would have damaged their soul.” Suzume looked up angrily, her eyes flashing. “Are you rubbing in the fact that I have no soul?” “No…there are no modifications to you. Do you see what I’m getting at, Suzume?” Suzume was so interested she did not even notice the transition from “Master” to “Suzume”. “You could not be modified because you had a soul! You were able to adapt memories because you had a soul to accept these memories! That means you are essentially the original Suzume Tohsaka—in everything but body.” Suzume sagged onto her bed in relief. “You’re serious about this, Jan?” “Of course, I was a former Alchemist myself.” Out of pure joy, Suzume glomped (if that is the right expression) Jan. The corner of Jan’s lip curved upwards. perhaps it was worth being a servant for moments like these… During breakfast, both Assassin and Mei noticed Suzume was extremely cheerful.

“Come on, dammit!” Mei cursed English curses in Japanese and Chinese, an odd mixture as she drew back the empty bow. She still could not duplicate the blue arrow of light she had formed during the fight with Berserker. She had been trying for days, and yet nothing had happened. She closed her eyes, hoping for an arrow that didn’t come. Finally, she threw aside her bow. “Having trouble?” Archer was striding towards her cheerfully. Mei nodded grouchily. “You’re trying to form an arrow like…this?” And there, in Archer’s blue bow of light was another one of those arrows. “How’d you…?” “It’s a bloodline. You shot one in the fight against Berserker, I recall?” Mei nodded mutely. “Then try this.” Archer handed Mei a small cross. Hung on a silver chain, the cross was made of silver, with a sapphire in the center, a small, delicate thing. “This is a focal point for your spiritual energy. If you use a regular bow, only a life-threatening situation will be able to get you an arrow…that’s why you failed all this time.” Mei took the bow. Feeling extremely foolish, she held it in front of her. Nothing happened. Archer sighed as she tried to do it in all kinds of positions (on her back, while doing a split, while hanging from the tree). “Think of it this way. Close your eyes.” Mei did so, once again feeling like an idiot. “Alright, the cross is a void—a black hole that sucks in your consciousness. Throw yourself into it.” Archer laughed as Mei physically threw herself forwards, slamming her face into the dirt. “Owww…” but the bow was there, a bow of blue light, with an arrow nocked to it. “This was the medium that Suzume had that summoned me. The original is right here.” He dangled an identical cross, looking slightly less battered. “Well, practice…it’s slightly different from a regular bow.” Mei nodded. “Thanks…Jan.” Archer casually waved as he left.

Everyone had been awaiting Sathya’s return to consciousness. The first thing she did on return to consciousness was to thank them. Suzume cut it short. “Thank us by telling us this—what is Jubstacheit planning?” Sathya took a deep breath. “Jubstacheit is currently in possession of two servants—Saber and Avenger. Avenger is a new attempt by the Einzburn family to provide a living vessel of the Holy Grail—Jubstacheit believes that if a servant is used, then the master will be able to use three command spells on the grail, thus gaining three wishes.” Archer nodded. “Where will this happen?” “Tonight, in the Chinese embassy.” Mei and Suzume looked at each other. “Alright…thank you.” They left the room. Suzume cursed. “This can’t happen! If a impure heroic soul is sealed into the grail, the grail will be corrupted by impure thoughts. Only a soul with a high level of divinity or no soul could be used.” Archer nodded. “We need to stop this…but I can’t fight without a master…and Suzume’s new hand has no command seals.” Mei already had a servant (Jubstacheit had only been able to have students because he had cut off Sathya’s hand and physically moved the command seals). Assassin thought about it. “There’s someone who owes you a life debt, Mei…perhaps he will do it.” Mei turned. “Who?” “Sasaki Matou.”

The sparrow flew from the window, alighting on Caster’s finger. He listened to its warbling tune. “hmmm…interesting.” He walked to the church, and knocked three loud knocks.

6:00 P.M., Outside the Chinese Embassy

Assassin and Suzume awaited on the lawn with Mei, Archer and Sasaki. The Chinese diplomats had long since left for their Christmas holiday, and each of them headed for their own stations. Suzume and Archer would find and fight Saber, while Mei, Assassin and Sasaki would fight Jubstacheit. They ran up the steps—and a man stood on the steps. Archer breathed. “Saber.” Saber watched idly. “So you’re finally here…you may all pass…except Archer.” Archer nodded, and the others ran for it. Suzume turned back for a moment. “Be careful…Jan.” Archer nodded. “As always, Suzume.” Then she was gone, hurrying up towards the embassy. Saber drew his sword. “Once again, us alone, a fight to the death…just the way I like it, Arashi.” “Yes, you were always like that, Jan…but no holding back.” “Of course…what would the fun be in that?” And the two came together, sword on sword, Arashi’s claymore on Jan’s jian.

The embassy door opened easily when they reached it, and then Mei turned. “Assassin, provide any backup to Archer. We can take it from here.” Assassin nodded. “Take care of yourself, master.” And then she turned and left. Sasaki turned to Mei and Suzume. “Are you sure about this?” “Yes…we’re all somewhat combat-trained—against an old man. Avenger would be the vessel, so he wouldn’t be able to do a thing…” They pushed onto the broad roof. The red, white and blue flag of Nationalist China waved proudly. They looked around… “Well, it looks as if our guests of Honor are here…Welcome, Matou, Tohsaka and Ambassador for China…so pleased that you interrupt our tea party.” Avenger and Jubstacheit stood idly.

Jan and Arashi thrust and parried, alternately driving each other up or down the stairs. Arashi laughed as they fought. “This is way too simple…we’re still both holding back. Let’s unscrew all the taps for this one…” As he said this, a white ceramic, blank mask appeared in his hand, and he put it on his face. Jan watched in surprise as his eyes clouded over. “Going to go Vizard on me?” Arashi laughed behind his mask. “No, it’s not hat simple…it’s somewhat like the douible medium in Shamanism—I release my inner hollow by donning by Vizard mask, and then have it change into an Arrancar…I may look like a beast, but I’m in total control.” Jan fired two quincy arrows. However, Arashi fired two giant cero beams, completely overriding the arrows. Jan dodged. “Akiha, second dance—Emperor’s blade!” Jan swung his sword now, but Arashi drew his own Zanpakuto. “Not this time…you’ve managed to defeat me before in shinigami form…you’ve defeated me possibly in Vizard form…but can you beat a shinigami, Vizard and Arrancar?” Arashi’s sword lengthened into a greatsword, and the two blows connected, like the call of a wave of men and demons clashing in Ragnarok.

Mei powered up her Quincy Bow and Suzume drew her Katana as Jubstacheit neared. He smiled. “Welcome…what rude welcomes.…you’d think such a noble house would teach their children…I meant homunculus replacements…manners.” Suzume merely laughed. “You’d think that the head of the Einzburn house is an insane maniac and a murderer who kills his own nephew.” Jubstacheit shrugged. History judges you by your successes. If you fail, you’re a murdering maniac. If you succeed, you’re a hero. Now…let’s have history run its course. Avenger?” Avenger looked up—and it was not the same avenger. His eyes glowed, and it was only then that Suzume was aware of the hundreds of Shadowy creatures surrounding them. Jubstacheit shrugged. “Feast on their flesh.” Mei quickly drew her bow and fired into the crowed, and Sasaki muttered something, sending a bolt of lightning through several of the creatures. Suzume turned to the others. “Try to keep them off our backs…I’ll take Jubstacheit.” Jubstacheit smiled all the more wildly. “How…noble. Now…let’s dance.” Claymore and Katana collided once again.

Arashi was right. Akiha was already cracking under the strain of the massed Reiatsu concentrated in that single blade. In this situation, the usual advantage of length and low weight only made it easy to bat aside. Finally, a final uppercut was too much for the blade—it shattered, defeated. Jan landed at the top fo the stairs. “damn…” Arashi laughed grimly. “Is that all you have?” Jan’s hand strayed to his glove. “…fortunately, no.” Instantly, a giant wing of blue energy burst from Jan’s shoulder. “I still have my Quincy final form.” Arashi’s eyes widened as instantly, three low powered but fast arrows struck him in the front. “dammit…” instantly, several cero blasts shot towards Jan was not there, appearing farther up the stairs. He threw a small glass tube—a Ginto spell, the Kido of the Quincy. “Aureola!” instantly, a beam of light shot from the sky, straight through Arashi’s chest, preventing him from moving. Jan drew back the whole force of his wing into his bow and drew back. Arashi watched as he fired—and smiled. The Quincy arrow shot toward Arashi—and then a hole appeared in the air which the arrow disappeared into. Functioning like a wormhole, a second circle opened up, returning the arrow and striking a stunned Jan straight through the Heart. He sighed as he fell. “Well, looks like you won this one…” and then there was only ash in the wind. Saber relaxed—and suddenly felt a sharp pain. He looked at the arrow stuck in his chest. Assassin had been waiting for the moment to strike—this was it. She drew a javelin, elaborately worked. She charged as it began to glow. “The arrow that will never miss—Javelin of Artemis!” Saber raised his sword—and then the two came apart. Assassin turned. Arashi leaned on the hilt of his sword, his mask shattered. “Go…you’ve won.” Assassin ran up the stairs. Saber laughed, ignoring the cold feeling that spread from her chest. “…well…I had my fun.” And then he collapsed.

Suzume slashed at Jubstachei’s leg. However, he nimbly leapt back as he and Avenger ran up the stairs to the top fo the building. Mei and Sasaki made to follow, but the beasts surrounded them. dammit, there’s no end to them! Sasaki swung his Katana and fired what spells he could, but they were being overwhelmed.

Suzume ran to the top—and gasped. The holy grail—it was there, a gold and blue cup, shining with its own ethereal light. Jubstacheit was waiting. “Behold, the holy grail…I have come so close…I will not lose to a master without a servant!” His eyes shone with manic energy as he drew a revolver and fired. Suzume once again only felt the impact—then she was knocked onto the ground, the sky above her. so this is how it feels like to die…but she felt at peace. Two people leaned over—a man with black hair and a woman with grey hair. father…mother… and then the stars winked out.
Back to top Go down
Jan Hakura

Jan Hakura

PostSubject: Re: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:41 am

Mei fell under the sheer weight of numbers. Now exposed, Sasaki was also driven to the ground, and one of the beasts opened its jaws…

Jubstacheit laughed. “So this is how it ends…Avenger!” Avenger made to run forward—and then stopped, in shock. Behind him, a voice called. “In the name of the Holy Church, you are now under arrest.” Lloyd Harkins and Risei Kotomine stood on the sill, a black key stuck in Avenger’s shadow. And behind them—was Caster. “Thought we’d pay you a visit.” Jubstacheit leapt for his gun—but Lloyd was a much faster draw. He fired instantly, blowing the gun out of Jubstacheit’s hand—and onto the grail. Risei cried in dismay as the grail slowly toppled, pouring what looked like water on the lifeless body of Suzume. Risei gasped again. “It’s true holy water—the water that can heal wounds!” And it was true, for Suzume’s wounds were steaming and hissing as they closed up. Lloyd watched. “I don’t believe it…”

Suddenly, the beast was blown away by a shining arrow. “Assassin!” For the first time, Assassin truly smiled. “Did you think that I would leave my master alone? I’ll take care of the situation here—you just go.” Mei and Sasaki nodded. “Thank you Assassin,” was Mei’s reply, but Sasaki bowed. “Thank you, Artemis.” Assassin smiled again. “Your grandfather told of the servant he had that was of the Assassin class, correct?” Sasaki nodded. “Well, this is something you can tell your children.” Sasaki nodded, and then he and Mei hurried up the stairs.

Suzume opened her eyes. This doesn’t remotely resemble either heaven or hell. And then a Japanese man in minister’s robes helped her up. “Are you alright,” Risei Kotomine asked. “Yes…what happened?” “…a miracle.” Lloyd sighed. “He means that the water from the Holy Grail splashed on you, and so you were revived.” Suzume sat up. I’m alive! And then Avenger touched the fallen grail. The Command seal had been activated—he could not go against it. Instantly, he was absorbed, the surface of the cup bubbling and distorting with irregularities…and then it returned to shape—but not quite. It was now an ulcerous wreck of damaged metal. Lloyd stared in horror. “This wasn’t the real Holy Grail…merely a copy…” Risei watched. “…it’s been contaminated.” Mei and Sasaki also watched with Assassin. Already, the shadow beasts were already becoming harder to harder for Faust to hold off. Finally, Suzume said with finality, “Then we have to destroy it without making a wish…” she looked to Assassin in apology, but she saw only the serene understanding that Assassin ahd shown when they first met. Assassin nodded slightly. Mei put her hand on the command seal. “By the power of this command seal, I order you, Servant Assassin, to destroy the grail.” Assassin nodded and drew her bow. “Orion’s bolt!” The arrow struck the grail. For a few moments, the arrow entered an bubbled—and then the whole think exploded.

A single drop of the now-cursed substance was blown by the blast—had the wind now picked it up, it would have hit the liamppost—perhaps it was a work of fate, or perhaps fortune playing another cruel game, but it touched Jubstacheit von Einzburn’s body. In the ensuing silence, the man crept out.

Epilogue

5 months later…

Suzume Tohsaka read quietly in the doctor’s office. The doctor entered quietly. “Ma’am…who is the father?” Suzume shrugged. “I don’t know…perhaps I was drunk.” “Perhaps…what will you name him?” “…Jan Tohsaka” Suzume smiled slightly as she held the tiny silver cross tightly in her hand.

------------The End------------

Jan Tohsaka was the father of Tohsaka Tokiomi, who was the father of Tohsaka Rin, who met the Original Jan Hakura 74 years later in London.

Sasaki Matou was the grandfather of Byakuya Matou (the father of Shinji Matou) and Kariya Matou (a participant in the 4th Holy Grail war)

Lloyd Harkins became a missionary and had a single son, Lucius Harkins. He was an ardent teacher to a dowser named Lyserg Diethel…

Risei Kotomine had a child, Kirei Kotomine, who became famous in the 5th Holy Grail War.

Sathya went to Germany and France, rebuilding families destroyed by the Great War.

Jubstacheit von Einzburn never saw his dream of the Einzburns gaining the Holy Grail.

Hong Shao Mei and a Kaoru Kitsurugu had a child named Emiya Kitsurugu, adopted father of Emiya Shirou, the famous servant of the Archer class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II   An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An account of the 3rd Holy Grail War Book II
Page 1 of 1